Saturday, December 4, 2010

December Citrus Fruit and Blossoms

Meyer Lemons 1
It's that time of year again. Most of the Meyer lemons are ripe now and all of my citrus trees are starting to put on new growth. I picked 7 lemons a few weeks ago and have 15 remaining. I guess it's time to make another batch of marmalade. They'll make for great homemade Christmas gifts this year.

Citrus Blossoms
And did I mention the tree is blooming right now? It's like clockwork each year - a reminder that while winter is fast approaching, it won't last forever.

9 comments:

  1. How beautiful!! A little kiss of summer in the winter. You can't beat that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lemons are just beautiful! I have been meaning to ask you, what time of year did you purchase your lemon tree and how old was it when you purchased it? I am assuming that you purchased it from four winds growers.

    Thanks and welcome back to the cold weather...hope that you had some time to enjoy Florida

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lemons are lovely! They are so perfectly shaped, too!

    They must smell divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous. 7 + 15 is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm gushing over these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. mine are small and green. yours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cheery sight that tree loaded with sunsine colored fruit is! The smell and beauty of it would be worth the effort alone - but I imagine the fresh lemon is pretty amazing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I gave away my navel orange tree and now I miss it and its intoxicating fragrance. Are you listening Santa?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Thomas, I'm so in awe of your lemon tree. Mine put on a lot of green growth but we have no blooms yet.

    ReplyDelete