Saturday, September 5, 2009

Yellow Radiance

squash blossom
Squash blossoms have to be one of my favorite vegetable flowers. Not only are they beautifully radiant in color, but also very tasty. All four of my zucchini plants are doing well (a fall gardening success I'm happy to accept at the moment). Hopefully within the next couple of weeks, all four will be in bloom and producing. I'm anxious for my first fall harvest this year. Will it be radishes, mesclun or zucchini? Heck, maybe it will be one of my few remaining pak choi. (I must be feeling optimistic today.)

5 comments:

  1. I love Squash flowers fried in butter. I haven't had one for years and I think I might make some tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting, hope you get lots of squash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these star shaped flowers. Good luck in you coming harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't they beautiful? My zucchini haven't started blooming yet, but my pumpkin flowers look just like those, only bigger. The bumblebees love them. If only a female bud would open!

    ReplyDelete